Chair: Alf Moens – SURF
Vice Chair : Jim Marsteller – PSC
In the WISE community we recognise that there is a broad need for security training. Training is wanted and needed for security professionals, system and network managers and engineers, users of the infrastructures and for decision makers, for a wide range of topics. Whereas security previously was mainly about hardening systems and incident response, it now involves a lot more topics such as risk management, compliance, data leak analysis and reporting.
Several organisations already have some or several training in place, but not on all topics. Some others have to get started with a training programme. There is a lot of training in the commercial market and there is a lot of open source material available.
The STAA working group will work on:
- identifying the 5 to 10 most relevant training topics for the next 3 years;
- collecting good training practices;
- collecting information about relevant existing trainings by the infrastructures;
- mapping out the need for organising joint training events on specific topics;
- mapping out the need for developing trainings;
- setting up a basic training and awareness programme for organisations in the WISE community, identifying which trainings are needed.
Developing trainings or awareness programmes is out of the scope of this working group.